It is your responsibility to report changes in circumstances.
When you have been awarded benefit, it is your responsibility to ensure Hertsmere has the correct information about your circumstances at all times.
You must tell us straight away about any changes in circumstances that happen to you, your partner, your dependant children or any other person who lives with you.
If you fail to do so you may lose out on benefit to which you are entitled to, or you may have to repay overpaid benefit .
Changes you must tell us about include:
- if you or your partner stop or start getting Income Support, Universal Credit, Jobseeker's Allowance, Tax Creditor any other state benefits
- if you or your partner's state benefits, tax credits, Universal Credit or any other income increases or decreases
- if you or your partner start or stop a job
- if you or your partner's wages increase or decrease
- if you or your partner's savings or investments increase or decrease
- if the number of people living with you changes, such as a partner moving in
- if any of your children leave school or full-time education
- if you stop receiving Child Benefit or Child Tax Credit for a child
- if you move home or your rent changes
- if you have a child
This list is not exhaustive and you should tell us immediately about any other changes that you think may affect your entitlement. If in doubt about what you must tell us about, please ask us straight away.
Benefit Review Text Messages and Emails
If you have received an email or text message from us, this is because we have had the same income in your claim for over a year. We want to make sure that we have your correct information in your claim, so that you do not receive an overpayment.
If you have had a change in circumstances, such as a change in income or household, please complete the form at the top of the page.