Our website uses cookies to function. You can read our Privacy Policy here, by continuing to use this site you agree with our Privacy Policy cookies close button

Universal Credit

Last Modified February 18, 2020

What is Universal Credit?

Universal Credit is a single payment made to customers to replace the following benefits:

  • Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Severe Disablement Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

Universal Credit does not include Council Tax Support and you must make a claim with Hertsmere if you require help to pay your Council Tax bill.

Who still needs to make a claim for Housing Benefit?

You will need to make a claim for Housing Benefit if:

  • You are of pension age.
  • You live in supported or temporary accommodation.
  • Your Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseekers Allowance or Housing Benefit includes a severe disability premium.

Welcome to Hertsmere Borough Council’s website.