If you know or suspect that somebody is claiming benefit dishonestly, please tell us what you know.
How to report Council Tax Support and Non-Benefit Fraud
Hertsmere is a partner of the Shared Anti-Fraud Services (SAFS). This partnership uses shared expertise, training and information to target fraudulent activity across the whole county.
You can also report all cases of fraud directly and in confidence by calling SAFS on 0300 123 4033.
The more information you can give, the more lines of enquiry can be followed and the better chance there is of establishing the truth.
Examples of Non Benefit Fraud include:
- Matters relating to Council Tax Support across similar types to that for Benefit Fraud.
- Housing Tenancy
- Business Rates
- Parking Permits
- Blue Badge
- Abuse of position
- False invoices
How to Report Housing Benefit Fraud
Housing Benefit Fraud is now dealt with by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
You can also report Housing Benefit Fraud by calling the DWP Fraud Hotline 0800 854440 (Textphone users call 0800 328 0512).
Example of Housing Benefit Fraud include:
- Failing to declare a change of address
- False or contrived tenancies. This relates to claims for housing benefit where there is no genuine rent liability
- Non-declaration of partners / non-dependants / sub-tenants
- Non-disclosure of income from any source (earnings, benefits, tax credits etc.)
- Non-disclosure of property / capital / savings / investments
- Non-residency while claiming benefit