CARF is a relief awarded to your Business Rates liability for the financial year 2021/22.
You may be entitled to receive CARF if your business:
- Did receive a business covid grant,
- Did not receive the business rates Retail Discount or Nursery Discount throughout 2021/22, and
- Your business has suffered financially directly due to the impact of the Covid Pandemic.
Please see our policy here to see if you qualify.
We will automatically award CARF to the businesses we feel are entitled without you needing to apply.
If you think you should benefit from CARF, please email CARF@hertsmere.gov.uk by 11th September 2022. Emails received after this date will not be considered. You will need to:
1) explain how you have been impacted by the Pandemic.
2) provide documentary evidence of this.
CARF has to be posted against 2021/22. If this puts your business rate account in credit for that year, we will offset this against your charge for the current financial year, and will send you an updated bill.