Last Modified May 14, 2019
Why should you consider bringing your business to Hertsmere or develop your ideas here?
Because the borough...
...has significant assets
...is determined to overcome challenges
...is presented with a number of opportunities
...has significant assets:
- Excellent strategic location abutting London
- Direct access to motorway (M25, M1 and A1 (M)) and rail networks including an 18-minute rail journey to London St Pancras (and onward international and southern rail services)
- Excellent connections to Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton and Stansted Airports.
- High quality homes and countryside, a private airfield and places of interest, making the area and attractive location to invest, live, work and learn in and to visit.
- Existing employment sites at Elstree Way, Centennial Business Park and Cranborne Road Industrial Area.
- Home to Elstree Studios, BBC Elstree and arsenal Football Club's training ground.
- Proactive council which saved Elstree Studios by acquiring and investing in the site.
- Strong socio-economic profile of the borough.
- Schools, both public and private, are some of the best in the country.
- To encourage growth which reinforces the principles of London's Green Belt whilst promoting the borough as a place to invest and do business.
- To work with the rail companies to deal with issues of overcrowded and congested trains.
- To promote infrastructure programs to deal with high levels of congestion on main transport routes.
- To find ways of opening up key employment sites in order to tackle poor access.
- To revitalise town centres in Borehamwood, Potters Bar and Bushey with a concerted and cohesive approach.
- To address poor gateways and entrances to generate a sense of place and arrival.
- To enhance those areas suffering from poor quality built environment and public realm.
- To ensure that there is access to a variety of further education provision to upskill local people whilst meeting the current and future needs of businesses.
- To tackle the pockets of deprivation characterised by low skills, high unemployment, low incomes and poorer living conditions.
- Several development sites strategically positioned along the A1 and M25 corridors that will help achieve the economic growth ambitions of the borough and the Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership.
- In particular, the borough has sites that are suited for locating niche pharmaceutical industries and major sports developments.
- A New University Technical College to help promote the creative sector and provide young people with the skills to keep Hertsmere at the cutting edge of film, television and creative media.
- The chance to capture the untapped footfall associated wit transport connectivity and the film and television industry.
- To build on the emerging evening economy.
- An enterprising dynamic local authority wiling to work in new ways and provide strong strategic and community leadership.