Last Modified January 16, 2017
If you carry out any of the following activities, you need to be registered:
- cosmetic ear/body piercing
- micro pigmentation, semi-permanent make-up
Registration covers the person carrying out the work and the premises used for that purpose. It is illegal to conduct any of the above skin piercing activities unless registration has been formally approved.
How do I become registered?
Once you have made an application and paid the fee, an inspector will carry out an inspection. If the inspector considers procedures and premises are suitable, your registration will be approved.
The inspector will also check compliance with by-law requirements as well as ensuring that general health and safety requirements are being met. We can offer advice and help if you are unsure about your obligations, just contact us.
How much does registration cost?
One off registration fee:
- Premises - £185
- Operatives - £185 each person
- Variations of premises / operator's registration - £75
How can I apply?
What does the law say?
More information is available in:
- The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 Part VIII
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974