THIS SCHEME IS NOW CLOSED
Information on the grants awarded can be found here.
In May, the nation will come together to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III.
National celebrations are to take place over the weekend of the 6 to 8 May 2023 and we want as many local residents as possible to get involved. To support this our Coronation Celebration Grants Scheme is offering small grants of up to £500 to local community groups to fund events, parties or volunteering activities on or around the bank holiday weekend.
Funding can be used for a get together with your group or organisation, to support street parties or to organise and/or provide equipment for local volunteering activities.
There's lots going on throughout the weekend with the public encouraged to take part in two specific parts of the celebration:
- The Coronation Big Lunch on the 7 May will encourage communities to come together, celebrate their connections and get to know each other better. Further information can be found on the Big Lunch website.
- The Big Help Out on the 8 May will provide an opportunity to reflect the legacy of His Majesty’s service and showcase the impact of volunteering within communities. People across the UK will be able to get involved in events organised by national charities or by registering their own local event.
Further information on the celebrations and how you can get involved including a downloadable toolkit and instructions on how to register your event, can be found on the dedicated Coronation Website.
To apply for a celebration grant please read the GUIDANCE NOTES before you complete the APPLICATION FORM. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis between the 21 February and 7 April 2023
For further advice or guidance on your application, please contact Liz Gore, Policy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8207 2277.
Who can apply?
- Any properly constituted group, club or organisation, which is based in, or operates for the benefit of, residents of Hertsmere.
- All organisations, groups or clubs must also have a bank account that requires at least two signatories and must not be profit making.
- Town and Parish Councils, sheltered housing schemes and faith groups are also able to apply.
What can I spend the money on?
The funding can be used for a get together with your group or organisation, to support street parties or to organise and provide equipment for local volunteering events held on or around the 6 to 8 May 2023 to coincide with the national celebrations.
Advice and guidance on hosting events including links, can be found on the webpage
Organising an event - Hertsmere Borough Council and in the Guidance Notes. Please ensure your event has all the relevant permissions. Do contact us if you have any concerns or queries around this.
Shortly after your event takes place, you will be asked to provide a short evaluation report on your event, including pictures. We will be in contact with successful organisations directly.