How do I report a crime?

In an emergency always dial 999.

An emergency is when there is a risk of injury to someone or a risk of serious damage to property, or you suspect a crime is in progress or there is a serious incident which needs immediate police attendance.

Hertfordshire Constabulary also has a non-emergency number 101.

When to call 101:

  • If a car has been stolen
  • If property has been damaged
  • Where there is suspicion of drug use or dealing
  • To report a minor traffic collision
  • To give information about crime in an area


You can now begin a live non-emergency web chat with Hertfordshire Constabulary here or report a crime online

How do I report anti-social behaviour (ASB)?

If you would like to report anti-social behaviour please call the non-emergency number 101 or online.

How do I contact my local ward Police Constable (PC) or Police Community Support Officer (PCSO)?

You can find out the name and contact details of your local officers, including your PC, PCSO, Crime Prevention Officer and Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator through Hertfordshire Constabulary, or you can call the non-emergency number 101 or the airwaves number 01707 354 192. 

The Community Trigger for Anti-Social Behaviour  

The Community Trigger gives residents and communities the right to request that agencies deal with persistent anti-social behaviour (ASB) by reviewing their case and any previous actions taken.  Long-running problems can affect a person's quality of life and reduce a community's trust in police and other agencies.

Preventing Terrorism

Find out more about how everyone can play their part in combating terrorism by visiting the Let's Talk About It website.