Last Modified October 19, 2015
You can contact our emergency planning officer during normal office hours.
Contact in an emergency
During a major incident the latest emergency information will be posted on our website.
Our out-of-office hours emergency contact number is 08453 000 021.
Useful contact details
Emergency services dial 999
- Fire stations: in case of emergencies ask for fire and rescue.
- Police stations: in case of emergencies ask for the police.
- Hospitals: if an ambulance is needed in an emergency. All general hospitals provide a 24 hour accident and emergency service. For more information, visit Herts Direct.
- Gas: if you smell gas, telephone the gas emergency number on 0800 111 999
- Electricity: if you have a problem contact local providers 24 Seven (East Anglia) on 0800 7 838 838 or 24 Seven (London) on 0800 0208 247
- Floodline: if you wish to get details on flooding call 0845 988 1188
Visit the Gov.uk website for more information.