Last Modified October 24, 2018
Engineering Services is a commercially run team within the council. Our reputation is built on many years of experience in a wide range of drainage related, surveying and civil engineering works.
Our comprehensive services are split into four main areas:
- Land drainage services
- Field survey services
- Design services
- Waste water services
We deliver work for a vast range of clients in both the private and public sectors throughout the borough, London, and the South East of England.
Our clients rely on our flexibility and dedication to achieving high quality, best value results within set time scales. This has resulted in a high level of repeat business with an increase in our number of directly employed staff, enabling total control over the quality of the extensive range of services we provide.
We are proud to be ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and Investors In People accredited and fully compliant with all current health and safety, environmental and equal opportunities legislations. All staff are CSCS qualified and fully trained in their specific areas of work. Our fleet is fully equipped to ensure a high standard of operational efficiency and public safety, ensuring minimal environmental impact at all times.
Land drainage services
- Clearance and maintenance of watercourses
- Asset condition assessment (NS & RDS)
- Environmental enhancements
- Sustainable drainage systems (SUDS)
- Flood defence asset maintenance
- Land drainage design and construction
- Surveying and mapping of watercourses
- Emergency response to flooding.
Field survey services
Underground utility surveys
- Identification, location and depth measurements of existing services
- Mapping of traced utilities using GPS and topographical
- Surveys presented as detailed scaled drawings in AutoCAD format.
- Comprehensive and accurate topographical surveys using the latest GPS techniques for design and construction of civil engineering projects
- Provide a clear picture of the area of land being surveyed in three dimension, produce grounds models with contours and spot levels
- Combination of GPS, reflectorless and E.D.M total stations enables all types of topographical surveys.
Measure building surveys
- Provide measure building surveys from heritage to modern buildings
- Floor plans and elevation surveys
- X-Sections of buildings all presented in AutoCAD format.
- Using the most accurate software packages to analyse both foul and surface water pipe flows and design suitable schemes to overcome localised flooding problems.
Computer Aided Design
- Using the latest software packages with capabilities to plot both to two dimensional and three dimensional drawings
- Presented in colour-coded, scaled hard copy drawings of AutoCAD format.
- Accurate plotting using MapInfo software package.
- Foul water and surface water drainage design capabilities.
- Surface water management plans
- Flood risk assessments
- Drainage impact studies
- Planning consultations for drainage aspects.
- Long and short term sewer flow monitoring, typically used in conjunction with validating hydraulic models
- Rainfall monitoring.
- CSO and pumping station surveys
- Connectivity and impermeable area surveys
- Manhole and pipeline conditional surveys
- Sewer flooding questionnaire surveys.
- Identifying and monitoring polluted surface water catchments, working in connection with local water companies and the Environment Agency.
Waste water services
- 24 hour blockage clearance service
- Minor civil engineering works
- Drainage maintenance and repairs
- Jetting and CCTV surveys to OS20X standard
- Qualified confined space entry teams
- Traffic management
For a quote, advice or further information please contact us at:
335a Shenley Road,
Tel. 020 8207 7492 Fax. 020 8207 3503