Last Modified May 14, 2019
Home Caterers Workshop
- Are you a food business that works from domestic premises?
- Are you aware of the implications of running a food business from home?
- Do you know how to keep the food you supply safe?
Domestic premises may require some alterations in order to comply with food hygiene law, and there may be other considerations that must be taken into account.
Whether foods are prepared in the home or in a factory they must be safe to eat and of acceptable quality.
This workshop has been designed specifically for those businesses who do not have the food safety expertise to confidently know what the food safety hazards are and whether the food they prepare and sell is likely to be safe.
The workshop will cover:
- Administrative issues such as Food Registration, planning issues, Business Rates, insurance, mortgage restrictions, covenants
- The Food Business Operator’s responsibilities
- Who are the customers and who do you cater for?
- The hygiene requirements for domestic food businesses
- Neighbours and nuisance issues
- Other family members, family chores, pets and personal hygiene issues
- Vulnerable customers
- Shelf life of products
- Importing foods
- Traceability, recall and withdrawal arrangements
- The role of the Environmental Health Officers and Food Safety Officers and their powers
- Food Hygiene training
The cost for this workshop is £40
If you would be interested in attending this workshop please contact: Sara Kannenberg on 020 8207 7435 or by emailing: email@example.com to express your interest and you will be contacted directly when the next workshop is available.