Last Modified January 14, 2022
We have successfully secured multiple rounds of Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery funding to assist Hertsmere residents in making their homes warm, comfortable and energy efficient.
Under the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme, delivered by Warmworks on behalf of Hertsmere and through funding from the UK Government, householders can apply to receive improvements to increase the comfort and warmth in their home. The scheme offers a wide range of insulation measures and renewable heating technologies which are designed to support homes to reduce their impact on the environment. The Green Homes Grant scheme is open to homeowners, private tenants and people in social rented accommodation, where the home has a low energy rating and a low annual income.
If you're a Hertsmere homeowner with a household income below £30,000, you may be eligible for up to £10,000 of work to make energy efficient improvements to your home.This could include fitting loft insulation, cavity or solid wall insulation or energy efficient heating. The funding covers the entire cost of the improvements, up to £10,000.
Applications for the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme are now open. Register your interest here or call 0808 196 8255.
Energy Hub and Warmworks are delivering the scheme in Hertfordshire.
To be eligible for the scheme, you must:
- Own a home in Hertfordshire that is currently rated as Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) D, E, F or G
- Have a household income below £30,000
- If you have a household income above £30,000, you may still be eligible if you or someone in your household receives:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Universal Credit
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- Working Tax Cred
Funding is also available for private landlords, local authority-owned properties and social housing, however a 33% contribution from the landlord is required and the maximum funding per property is £5,000.
We're working alongside the National Energy Foundation to deliver grants to eligible residents in Hertsmere. Households in specific areas are being contacted by letter so we would urge you to consider if you qualify and then make contact with our partner on the number given in the letter.