Kitchen caddies, compostable liners and garden waste sacks
Kitchen caddies are available free so you can collect food waste in your kitchen before putting it in your green bin.
You can line your caddy with newspaper or compostable liners(see below for where to purchase).
Garden waste sacks are for additional garden waste and you can put up to three sacks out alongside your green bin on collection day.
As an alternative you can use any other similar container to store your food waste, e.g. an ice cream tub or Tupperware container.
Kitchen caddies are available at the following locations:
- Aldenham Parish Council, The Radlett Centre, Aldenham Ave, Radlett, WD7 8HL (currently Mon, Wed, Fri 10am-1pm)
- Civic Office, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA
- 96 Shenley Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1EB
- Bushey area office, Citizens Advice Bureau, Rudolph Road, WD23 3DU (open Thursdays only, 9.30am-2pm) CURRENTLY CLOSED
- The Wyllyotts Theatre, Darkes Lane, EN6 2HN
Compostable caddy liners can be purchased from any of our outlets below at the cost of £2.60 for a roll of 52 bags. Alternatively supermarket stocked caddy liners are also accepted but they must carry the EN13432 certified seedling logo shown below and be labelled as compostable. Please note we will only accept caddy sized liners, not larger compostable carrier bags (such as those from the Co-op.)
Garden waste sacks cost 50p each. You can buy both compostable liners and garden waste sacks from the following locations:
- Aldenham Parish Council, The Radlett Centre, Aldenham Ave, Radlett, WD7 8HL (currently open Mon, Wed, Fri 10am-1pm)
- Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA
- The Venue, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1JY
- 96 Shenley Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1EB CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SALES
- Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Road, Bushey, WD7 8HL
- The Wyllyotts Theatre, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, EN6 2HN
- Furzefield Leisure Centre, Mutton Lane, EN6 3BW
For more information about composting at home and reduced price composters please see our county-wide information on Composting.