Donate or sell unwanted furniture
If you have an item of furniture in good condition you could receive a free collection if you donate it to charity. Here's a selection of local charities that provide a collection service:
To give your old items a new home or take some items off someone else, you can also make use of the Borehamwood and Elstree Freegle or Potters Bar Freegle sites. There are also some other great online sites such as Freecycle and Gumtree where you can donate/collect items for free and also Facebook Marketplace.
Alternatively, you can take your items to a local Recycling Centre.
Arrange a collection with us
If none of the options above are available to you we can help remove large items from outside of your property.
We can collect a maximum of five items together. You pay a minimum of £45 for three items depending on the category the items fall into. There may be an additional item charge of £10 per item or a second separate £45 collection may be necessary. Our customer service team will discuss this with you when you call to arrange a collection.
TVs and fridges/freezers cost £45 per item.
A few rules
- The only items we will remove are the items you have asked for. Extra items on the day will not be taken.
- Items should not be filled with other rubbish.
- We do not use any specialist lifting equipment so items should be manageable for two people to lift/carry.
- We will not enter your property to remove items, they must be presented outside of your home.
- Payment must be made in full before the collection
Items not accepted
- boilers or radiators
- car/motorbike parts
- Christmas trees
- concrete posts
- domestic waste, either loose or bagged
- fence panels
- garden waste
- gas bottles/cookers/barbecues
- large crates
- oil containers/drums
- rubble sacks/building waste
- wire fencing/fire surrounds