Last Modified September 06, 2016
Parkfields in Elstree has a number of public footpaths through the adjoining fields and golf course to provide access to and from Watling Street.
Where can I find it?
Via Organ Hall, Red Road, Park Crescent and Allum Lane Spinney
What does it offer?
- Children's play area - for children up to aged eight
- Fitness equipment - for adults
- Litter bins
- Meadow areas
- Network of bridleway, cycleway and footpaths
- Open grassland
- Picnic area
New Greenspace Action Plan
Working with the Countryside Management Services, they have produced a Greenspace Action Plan for Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney for the period 2016-2021 with the vision to maintain and improve both sites as inviting and safe green spaces for recreation and wildlife.
The following objectives have been identified;-
1. Make Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney a welcoming place for visitors
2. Conserve and enhance the biodiversity sustainably
3. Involve the community in the development of Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney
4. Promote Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney to new users through a variety of means
5. Maintain Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney as a clean, well maintained, safe and secure open space
6. Secure funding to support site improvement works
Parkfields and Allum Lane Spinney GAP 2016-21 final
We would like to hear what you think to these proposals, please email us your comments and let us know if your would like to be involved further in the project.
The consultation finishes on 16 September 2016.
Play area improvements
An exciting upgrade to the play area has started in the park. The current play area is being replaced, apart from the existing multi-unit and additional equipment will be installed outside of the play area for children up to the age of 13.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst the new play equipment is installed.