What is the Hertsmere Heritage Forum?
Hertsmere has a rich heritage dating back to at least the nineteenth century that includes social history, sculpture, fine art, film and television.
Hertsmere Heritage Forum was set up to bring together, celebrate, develop and promote the wide variety of local community groups who play a significant role in developing arts and culture across the borough.
Who is involved?
- Bushey Museum and Art Gallery, Elstree and Borehamwood Museum, Potters Bar Museum and Radlett Museum and Archives Group.
- Elstree Screen Heritage
- Hertsmere Borough Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Visit Herts
- Hertfordshire Association of Museums
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum
All have the common goal of providing a co-ordinated and united approach to developing arts and culture throughout the borough.
What are the key objectives?
- To provide a unified voice for museums and heritage, helping to protect current services and develop provision across the borough
- Provide a mechanism to enable the council to communicate to all heritage providers
- To discuss ways in which organisations can work on projects to address joint issues and needs e.g. extra support for museums, training opportunities
- To work together to attract external funding