Our website uses cookies to function. You can read our Privacy Policy here, by continuing to use this site you agree with our Privacy Policy cookies close button


Report an alleged breach of planning control online

Last Modified September 28, 2016

You can now report an alleged breach in planning control using our online form. You must complete all the required details set out within the form. We cannot accept anonymous reports.

Whilst the details of the alleged breach will be publicly available, your name, address and any details which identify you will be kept confidential to us. However, if you make comments on any subsequent planning application, these will be available for the public to read.

We aim to acknowledge your report within 10 days of receipt and aim to keep you informed of progress, so please make sure you supply contact details.


Formal confirmation from the council


Should you seek formal confirmation from the council regarding compliance with an Enforcement Notice, you will be required to pay a fee (the equivalent of a planning application). Please send your written request to enforce.planning@hertsmere.gov.uk, quoting the relevant enforcement reference number.

Related information

Planning decisions


We welcome feedback about our website. We are continually working to improve the content of our website. If you have any suggestions on how it can be improved, or just want to offer some feedback on it, please use the form below.

Add Your Feedback
Add your rating (required)

Welcome to Hertsmere Borough Council’s website.