Last Modified December 18, 2018
We have a number of car parks in our borough.
In each case you must either get a ticket from the machine or pay for parking by phone anytime you park there between Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6.30pm. You must also display a ticket even if the parking is free.
All of our car parks are accessible 24-hours a day apart from Furzehill Road car park, Borehamwood, which is locked overnight.
On Sundays and Bank Holidays there is no charge.
Blue badge holders do not need to pay for parking as there is no charge, but the blue badge must be displayed clearly and the time set.
While incidents within our car parks are rare, vehicles are parked entirely at owners risk and we accept no liability for loss or damage to vehicles or their contents however caused.
Snow and Ice
Hertsmere Councils Gritting Policy (PDF 194kb).
Whenever you park in our car parks please ensure:
- You display your ticket / permit clearly on the inside of your windscreen so that it can be seen
- A vehicle must hold a valid road fund licence (tax disc). Your parking ticket will be invalid without this.
- You park within a marked bay
Please note: You are not allowed to give your ticket to someone else, or receive one in return.
Find out about car parks in your area:
Our Civil Enforcement Officers regularly patrol our car parks and you may get a fine if you do not park correctly.
A Penalty Charge Notice for £50 will be issued for:
- Failing to park wholly within a marked parking bay.
- Making additional payments to extend the stay beyond the first time (meter feeding).
- Parking after your ticket has run out.
- Parking without displaying a valid ticket or permit.
- Re-parking within two hours of leaving.
A Penalty Charge Notice for £70 will be issued for:
- Parking causing an obstruction.
- Parking in a car park or area not designated for that class of vehicle.
- Parking in a designated disabled bay without a valid disabled badge.
- Parking in a restricted area of the car park.