Last Modified June 26, 2017
If you regularly get the train to work from Borehamwood or Radlett train station you may benefit from a commuter parking permit.
Commuter parking permit waiting list
Due to demand there may be times when the council will have to initiate a waiting list for commuter parking permits. This may not be in all areas. It will normally be indicated below if there is currently a waiting list in a particular area.
Where does it cover?
Our commuter parking permits are valid in:
- Furzehill Road Car Park, Borehamwood - please be advised there is currently a waiting list for commuter permits in the Borehamwood area. If you would like to apply to go on the waiting list, please contact Parking Services either by calling 020 8207 7422 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newberries Car Park, Radlett
When can it be used?
Monday - Saturday: 8am - 6.30pm.
How long are they valid for?
You can buy a 12 month, a six month or a three month permit and they run from the beginning of the month in which the permit first becomes valid.
How much do they cost?
12 months - £400
6 months - £230
3 months - £120
What if I change my vehicle or lose / damage the permit?
You will need to apply for a replacement, which will cost £15.
What if I no longer need my permit?
You can surrender your commuter permit to us before it expires and you will qualify for the following refund:
12 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and six months: £200
- Surrendered between six and nine months: £100
- Surrendered between nine and 12 months: No refund
6 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and three months: £115
- Surrendered between three and six months: No refund
3 month permit:
How to apply:
- Download and complete our application form and return it to us;
- Contact us on 020 8207 7422 or by email email@example.com and we will send one in the post to you;
- Pop in to any of our offices for a form.
Please allow five working days for an application to be processed.
What information do I need to provide?
Vehicle details: Proof of vehicle ownership upon first application and subsequent change of vehicle. This could be the registration document/official bill of sale/insurance cover note. This must show the name of the person applying for the permit and the registration number.
Company car: An official letter from the company secretary / car pool manager, stating that you are the authorised driver of the car.
You can pay by:
- Debit/Credit Card - at our offices
- By phone - call us on 020 8207 7422
- Cheque/Postal Order - made payable to Hertsmere Borough Council. Please enclose your payment when you return your completed application form.
- Cash at our offices in Borehamwood. Do not send cash in the post.