If you regularly get the train to work from Borehamwood or Radlett train station you may benefit from a commuter parking permit.
Commuter parking permit waiting list
Due to demand there may be times when the council will have to initiate a waiting list for commuter parking permits. This may not be in all areas. It will normally be indicated below if there is currently a waiting list in a particular area.
Where does it cover?
Our commuter parking permits are valid in:
- Furzehill Road Car Park, Borehamwood
- Newberries Car Park, Radlett
When can it be used?
Monday - Saturday: 8am - 6.30pm.
How long are they valid for?
You can buy a 12 month, a six month or a three month permit and they run from the beginning of the month in which the permit first becomes valid.
How much do they cost?
12 months - £440
6 months - £253
3 months - £132
What if I change my vehicle or lose / damage the permit?
You will need to apply for a replacement, which will cost £15.
What if I no longer need my permit?
You can surrender your commuter permit to us before it expires and you will qualify for the following refund:
12 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and six months: £220
- Surrendered between six and nine months: £110
- Surrendered between nine and 12 months: No refund
6 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and three months: £126.50
- Surrendered between three and six months: No refund
3 month permit:
How to apply:
Please allow five working days for an application to be processed.
What information do I need to provide?
Vehicle details: Proof of vehicle ownership upon first application and subsequent change of vehicle. This could be the registration document/official bill of sale/insurance cover note. This must show the name of the person applying for the permit and the registration number.
Company car: An official letter from the company secretary / car pool manager, stating that you are the authorised driver of the car.
You can pay by:
- Debit/Credit Card - at our offices
- By phone - call us on 020 8207 7422
- Cheque/Postal Order - made payable to Hertsmere Borough Council. Please enclose your payment when you return your completed application form.
- Cash at our offices in Borehamwood. Do not send cash in the post.