COVID 19 UPDATE
As lockdown measures ease, charges in all council-owned pay and display car parks and on-street pay and display bays across the borough, will resume on 8 June. Unless parking has been suspended due to social distancing measures.
Return to enforcement of the residential parking zones will be phased to allow us time to process new permit applications or renew permits which expired during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Enforcement of the controlled residential streets immediately off Shenley Road, Borehamwood and Watling Street, Radlett will start from the 8 June, due to the potential displacement as a result of the social distancing measures installed by Hertfordshire County Council Highways.
Full enforcement of all controlled parking zones will resume on 6 July.
If you regularly get the train to work from Borehamwood or Radlett train station you may benefit from a commuter parking permit.
Commuter parking permit waiting list
Due to demand, there may be times when we will have to initiate a waiting list for commuter parking permits. This may not be in all areas. It will normally be indicated below if there is currently a waiting list in a particular area.
How much do they cost?
12 months - £440
6 months - £253
3 months - £132
Where does it cover?
Our commuter parking permits are valid in:
- Furzehill Road Car Park, Borehamwood
- Newberries Car Park, Radlett
When can it be used?
Monday - Saturday: 8am - 6.30pm.
What information do I need to provide?
Vehicle details: Proof of vehicle ownership upon first application and subsequent change of vehicle. This could be the registration document/official bill of sale/insurance cover note. This must show the name of the person applying for the permit and the registration number.
Company car: An official letter from the company secretary / car pool manager, stating that you are the authorised driver of the car.
How to apply:
Please allow five working days for an application to be processed.
You can return your application to us by post to the Civic Offices or by email, to email@example.com.
You can pay by:
- Debit/Credit Card - at our offices
- By phone - call us on 020 8207 7422
- Cheque/Postal Order - made payable to Hertsmere Borough Council. Please enclose your payment when you return your completed application form.
- Cash at our offices in Borehamwood. Do not send cash in the post.
What if I change my vehicle or lose / damage the permit?
You will need to apply for a replacement, which will cost £15.
What if I no longer need my permit?
You can surrender your commuter permit to us before it expires and you will qualify for the following refund:
12 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and six months: £220
- Surrendered between six and nine months: £110
- Surrendered between nine and 12 months: No refund
6 month permit:
- Surrendered between date of issue and three months: £126.50
- Surrendered between three and six months: No refund
3 month permit: