If you live within a controlled parking zone (CPZ) you can apply for a resident parking permit.
If you are a landlord of a property within a CPZ, you cannot apply for a resident permit. If you have to carry out work, or need to visit the property, you must obtain a visitor permit from the tenant or buy a commercial dispensation.
Where does it cover?
Resident permits are valid for your own area only and should not be used to park when visiting other areas within the zone, such as other households or local amenities.
How much does it cost?
Each resident permit costs £30 per year. Any further/additional permits cost:
- Second additional permit £60
- Third additional permit £120
- Fourth additional permit £160
You are restricted to a maximum of four per household. However there may be some zones where the maximum number may be less.
How to apply:
If you do not have the facility to go on-line to apply for a parking permit you will need to contact Parking Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8207 7422 for advice on what to do.
Please allow ten working days for your application to be processed.
Please note not all properties within a CPZ may be eligible to apply for parking permits, for example a new build. If you are unsure you will need to check by calling Parking Services on 020 8207 7422 or email email@example.com”.
What information do I need to provide?
We will require proof of address and vehicle ownership with your application form to ensure that you are a legitimate user of the CPZ scheme and that the scheme is not used by those who are not entitled to park there.
- Address: official documentation showing the property where you permanently live, e.g. utility bill, such as an electricity bill, water bill, council tax bill. A driving licence or mobile telephone bill will not be accepted as proof of address.
- Private vehicle: Your registration document/official bill of sale/insurance cover note. This must show the name of the person applying for the permit and the registration number.
- Company car: An official letter from the company secretary/car pool manager stating that you are the authorised driver of the car.
You can pay by:
- Debit/Credit Card - using our online payments system. Choose resident parking permit from the options on the left or call us on 020 8207 7422 and we will do it over the phone
- Cheque/Postal Order - made payable to Hertsmere Borough Council. Please enclose your payment when you return your completed application form
What if I change my vehicle?
If you are changing your vehicle before your existing permit runs out please contact us. You will be charged £15 to replace the permit. Your replacement will have the same expiry date as the original permit, unless it is an annual renewal.
What if I lose my permit and need a replacement?
Please contact us. You will be charged £15 to replace the permit. Your replacement will have the same expiry date as the original permit, unless it is an annual renewal.