Last Modified January 27, 2016
You can only vote in elections if your name is on the register.
The next election taking place in Hertsmere is for the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) election to be held on Thursday 5 May 2016.
If you are not registered to vote and would like to, then you can now register to vote online.
The following people are allowed to vote:
- All British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens.
- Crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom.
- Members of HM Forces and their spouses.
- Those aged 18 or over.
- European citizens are allowed to vote in European and local elections only.
- Overseas electors.
- Overseas electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European elections only.
You can apply to vote by post. Our guidance notes will help you complete your postal vote application.
Alternatively, call 0208 207 7481 for further assistance or email email@example.com
If you would like to assign someone else to vote on your behalf on polling day, you must complete the application to vote by proxy.
Otherwise, you vote in person and a poll card will be sent to you shortly before an election, unless you have already applied to vote by post.