Last Modified November 27, 2018
We welcome filming in our borough and do all we can to support television and film production.
Please read our filming guidance (PDF 93 KB), our code of practice (PDF 36 Kb) and, if you want to film in our borough, complete an online application form at least seven working days in advance.
Our guidance is designed to help us work with you to consider all relevant matters in advance of filming.
All filmmakers are required to:
- Read and agree to our Code of Practice prior to filming and, if filming is on our property, you will need to provide a copy of your public liability insurance, risk assessments and health and safety assessments. Please note: we charge for filming on our property.
- Notify and/or seek permission from residents and businesses located within the immediate area of intended filming.
- Notify and/or seek permission from other agencies affected by the filming.
- Liaise with appropriate facilities management and health and safety staff regarding any filming activity that could have a potential risk to health and safety of third parties (for example, building occupants, visitors, neighbours).
Filming requests are coordinated by the Corporate Communications team who can be contacted on 020 8207 7417 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for initial advice if required.
- To film on the public highway please contact: Hertfordshire Highways on 0300 123 4047 or email: email@example.com
- To inform the local police please contact: Hertfordshire Constabulary via their non-emergency number, 101.
We are a member of Creative England’s Film Friendly Partnership network, welcoming filming to Hertsmere and ensuring cooperation and commitment to assist film and television production.
For enquiries including locations, studios, facilities and crew, or to seek advice on any of the above, please contact visit the Creative England website.