Last Modified May 14, 2019
Under the code the council is required to
publish annually the following data regarding fraud investigations. The following
information relates to 1 April 2014 to 31 December 2014.
- Number of occasions powers are used under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers.
Hertsmere does not have a HRA nor the appropriate arrangements with the Local Housing Associations and therefore did not
use this power.
- Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud
There are three members of staff within the unit.
- Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists
Three members of staff.
- Total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud total number of fraud cases investigated
The Council has spent £153,000 on investigations and prosecutions so far this financial year.
- Total number of fraud cases investigated
The fraud team has investigated 222 cases so far this year.