Last Modified August 06, 2018
You can put forward a question to be asked at our Ordinary Full Council meetings as detailed below.
Deadlines for submitting public questions to Full Council meetings
| Deadline for submitting a public question||Date of Full Council meeting |
| By noon on 17 September 2018
|| 26 September 2018
| By noon on 12 November 2018
|| 21 November 2018
| By noon on 14 January 2019
|| 23 January 2019
| By noon on 18 February 2019
|| 27 February 2019
| By noon on 11 April 2019
|| 24 April 2019
| By noon on 1 July 2019
|| 10 July 2019
No more than one question per person (or on behalf of a single organisation) can be asked at any one meeting. A maximum of six members of the public can ask questions at any one meeting.
A question will be rejected if:
- It is about a matter for which we have no responsibility or which does not affect the borough.
- It is defamatory, frivolous or offensive.
- It is related to a current Planning or Licensing application.
- It is substantially the same as a question which has been put at a Full Council meeting in the past six months.
- It requires the disclosure of confidential or exempt information.
Rejected questions will include reasons for rejection.
Questions will normally be asked in the order they were received, but where similar questions are received they will be grouped together. Each member of the public asking a question at the meeting can ask, from the floor of the Council Chamber, a supplementary question. This supplementary question must arise directly from the original question or the reply given.
Copies of all questions will be made available to the public attending the meeting.
You must send your question in writing and include the following:
- your name
- your address
- the name of the Executive Member you want to answer your question.
Please note, any related statements that are submitted with a question will not be included in the meeting agenda.
Send your question by the above deadlines to Public Question Time, Democratic Services, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1WA or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org