Last Modified October 19, 2015
As part of Creative Hertsmere a business charter has been produced. The purpose of the business charter is to establish a new working relationship between the council and local businesses in order to improve economic performance and prosperity across the borough.
Our commitment in the charter is to...
- Champion and support local business
- Deliver the highest quality of service for businesses and where possible ensure that the particular needs of individual businesses are understood and met
- Provide value for money, especially within the current economic climate which requires an enterprising and agile approach to delivering public services
- Analyse needs and seek the views of business to inform service planning
- Monitor performance to embed a culture of continuous improvements
- Work in partnership through a range of joint working arrangements
- Deal with businesses honestly and with integrity
- Establish an internal Business Champions Group to deal with issues raised by business and ensure that the Charter remains fit for purpose
- Establish an external Economic Board to provide challenge to and direction for the Charter
The council's new relationship with business will be facilitated through Hertsmere Connect
, a new working arrangement between the council and the Chamber of Commerce that will be focused around a programme of local events and campaigns.