Hertsmere Borough Council residents can help boost local renewable energy generation, cut carbon emissions and save on energy bills with community led initiative.
Hertsmere residents can come together to invest in renewables through a group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage.
Solar Together Hertsmere(www.solartogether.co.uk/hertsmere) helps homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from pre-approved installers.
This innovative scheme builds on six years of a highly successful Solar Together programme run across the UK. To date Solar Together has delivered over 22,000 installations and over 460,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
Residents in Hertsmere can join the group-buying scheme, which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points, as well as retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate, as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation.
Councillor Paul Richards, Portfolio Holder for the Environmental Sustainability and Net Zero and Public Health, said: "We're pleased that the second phase of Solar Together Hertsmere has returned and will directly benefit residents across the borough, as well as support our green commitments.
“Reducing our environmental impact has rightly become a key focus for Hertsmere, which is why we are again teaming up with iChoosr to provide solar energy options to households for the best possible price.
"By registering for this scheme, our residents can feel confident, should they choose to go ahead, they will pay a competitive price for a high-quality installation from a pre-approved supplier.
“Those who take part should see lower energy bills, while cutting carbon emissions and increasing local renewable energy generation – a win-win situation!”
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Marie-Louise Abretti, iChoosr UK Solar Manager, added: “With energy prices continuing to increase, residents of Hertsmere are looking for opportunities to reduce their carbon emissions, save on energy bills and increase their independence from the grid. The Solar Together group-buying scheme offers a straightforward way to make an informed decision and to access a competitive offer from a trusted, vetted provider.”
iChoosr has a strong track record of delivering group purchase schemes for local authorities. It has worked with 210 UK local authorities on its collective energy switching schemes. Furthermore, in 2018 UK councils, in collaboration with iChoosr, initiated their collective purchase schemes for solar PV systems. iChoosr’s schemes have been delivered in partnership with local authorities in five countries. Over 116 schemes led to 157,000 residents installing solar PV systems.
To find out more visit: www.hertsmere.gov.uk/solartogether
Posted on Monday 11th September 2023