Article 4 Directions remove some, or all, permitted development rights from properties in a particular area. This means that some forms of development require full planning permission.
Article 4 Directions are only issued after careful consideration when it is felt that certain forms of uncontrolled development, such as certain extensions or changes to windows and doors, would harm the special character of an area, particularly where the development would be visible from the public highway.
Directions introduced within a Conservation Area are known as Article 4(1) Directions.
In April 2019, non-immediate Article 4 Directions were introduced within the borough's employment areas. For further information please visit: Article 4 Directions - Hertsmere Employment Areas
You can use My Maps to check whether an address is affected by an Article 4 Direction.
Each Direction is different, and places unique restrictions on works that can be carried out without needing planning permission. Some are available to download below, but if the one you are looking for is not listed, please contact us for full details.
Article 4 Directions:
- Reveley Almshouses, Park Road, Bushey
- Sparrows Herne, Little Bushey Lane, Bushey
- 40 Herkomer Road, Bushey
- The Moorings, The Avenue and 125 Aldenham Road, Bushey
- Went House, 105 Bushey Grove Road, Bushey
- Warren Road, The Comyns, Coles Green, Rose Lawn, Bushey Heath (1)
- Warren Road, The Comyns, Coles Green, Rose Lawn, Bushey Heath (2)