Last Modified May 14, 2019
Our Democratic Services Unit looks after all the procedures around ensuring the democratic process is administered correctly and within the law.
What we do:
- Give advice to councillors and officers about the formal decision-making process and the Overview and Scrutiny function.
- Service council meetings, producing agendas, minutes and archive records.
- Maintain and update our Constitution, supporting the interface between the various parts of the political structure.
- Support the Mayor and councillors, providing a PA service for Executive Members.
- Handle formal complaints.
- Provide information for members of the public about councillors and our meeting.
What does the law say?
The key laws governing the work are:
- The Local Government Act 1972, as amended by Access to Information Legislation 1985.
- The Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
- The Local Government Act 2000 and ensuing regulations.
You can ring us on our number below or email: email@example.com