Last Modified April 12, 2017
The community grant scheme is open. The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 31 May 2017. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 7 July 2017.
We offer small-scale financial support to local voluntary groups and organisations to help them provide a range of community services to Hertsmere residents. Charitable / voluntary organisations can apply for up to £2,000.
Please read the information below and the guidance notes before completing an application form.
Organisations who receive a community grant are expected to achieve one or more of our corporate priorities:
- Protect and enhance the natural environment (for example: protect the local environment, promote Civic pride, or create a community garden)
- Build a safe, strong and cohesive community (for example: provide diversionary activity for young people to prevent anti-social behaviour, improve personal safety, or reduce the fear of crime)
- Support residents to be healthier and live longer (for example: promote personal fitness, healthy eating, provide sporting activities or other activities to promote health and wellbeing including mental health)
- Support a thriving local economy (for example: provide training opportunities, support opportunities for voluntary work that lead to paid work, or provide community learning projects)
- Provide opportunities to enable all the people of Hertsmere to lead fulfilling lives (for example: support for leisure or cultural activities, e.g. arts or heritage projects, provide cultural activities or improve access to the heritage of the community)
Who can apply?
Any properly constituted group, club or organisation, which is based in, or operates for the benefit of, residents of Hertsmere.
- All organisations, groups or clubs must have either charitable, voluntary or not-for-profit status.
- All organisations, groups or clubs must have a bank account that requires at least two signatories.
Priority will be given to voluntary and community sector organisations based in or around Hertsmere and delivering activities or services to the people of Hertsmere. At least 50% of the organisations' members / clients / users must live or work in our borough.
Organisations must be committed to Equal Opportunities and provide a copy of their Equalities Policy.
Who cannot apply?
- Faith groups whose sole purpose is promoting or benefiting a belief or group of believers
- Profit-making organisations/groups
- Statutory bodies/other public bodies
What can you apply for?
A one-off community grant for a specific project or purchase, up to a maximum of £2,000.
A community grant can be given to help with a variety of things such as:
- Buying equipment (e.g computers, sport equipment, craft material etc.)
- Producing marketing information for events / shows etc.
- Research costs
- Start-up costs for new initiatives/projects
- Training costs
- Upgrading existing facilities
- Venue hire to host special events (e.g. put on a play or pantomime etc.)
Your organisation must identify a specific need which will not require ongoing financial support from us.
The application should be supported by estimates for the project where appropriate, or a price list for items of equipment.
What can you not apply for?
You cannot apply for revenue expenditure that is ongoing year on year spending commitments, for example:
- Day-to-day running costs, such as rent or venue hire, gas and electricity bills of an organisation
- Insurance costs
- Staff wages
How can I apply?
You need to complete an online form, print an application form (PDF) or use a Microsoft Word version. Our guidance notes will help you complete this form. We can also send a form in the post to you, just call us on 020 8207 7801 or email email@example.com to ask for this.
Where do I send the application form?
Send your completed application form and supporting documents to Partnerships and Community Engagement at our main offices.
What has been funded before?
Capital Grants 2011-2012
Community Grants 2012-2013 first round
Community Grants 2012-2013 second round
Community Grants 2012-2013 Annual Report
Community Grants 2013-2014 first round
Community Grants 2013-2014 second round
Community Grants 2014-2015
Voluntary Sector Funding 2014-2015 Annual Report
Community Grants 2015-2016
Community Grants 2016-2017