On Thursday 6 May 2021 residents in Hertsmere will go to the polls to have their say on who represents them in the Borehamwood Kenilworth and Bushey North wards of Hertsmere Borough Council; South Mimms, Shenley and Aldenham Parish Councils; Hertfordshire County Council and the Police and Crime Commissioner elections. Planning referenda will be held in Radlett and Shenley.
The Electoral Services team has been working hard to ensure polling stations are safe places to vote. As a result, a number of polling stations across the borough have changed location.
Poll cards, delivered to residents from March, show the address of the polling station the registered elector should attend.
It is helpful to bring your poll card to the station on polling day. This will help staff locate your name on the register and speed up the process. However, it is not a requirement to bring your poll card and you can vote without it. You can simply go to your allocated polling station, between 7am to 10pm on voting day. The staff will ask your name and address, mark your name on the register and issue your ballot papers.
Hertsmere Borough Council has a polling station finder on their website that enables residents to find out where to vote, simply by entering their address into the search bar. This will give you the name and address of your polling station. You can find the polling station finder on our FAQ page, under the heading “How can I find my Polling Station?” on our May 2021 elections page.
The council will also be promoting the changes to polling stations on its social media channels in the weeks leading up to the election.
Sam Langford, Electoral Services Manager for Hertsmere Borough Council, said: “It is essential residents know where to vote, so this online tool is a great resource for people who may have misplaced their poll card or are unsure where they need to go.
“With changes to a number of polling stations due to coronavirus social distancing measures and government guidelines, it's important our residents know where their polling station is and that they can vote safely. The polling station finder on our website is quick and easy to use.”
Hertsmere currently uses around 50 different locations across the borough, including village and church halls, schools and community centres.
There are nine changes to polling stations:
• Borehamwood and Elstree Synagogue, Croxdale Road in Borehamwood replaces St Michaels and All Angels.
• St Michaels and All Angels Church Hall, Brook Road/Gateshead Road in Borehamwood replaces Cowley Hill School
• The Venue Leisure Centre, Elstree Way in Borehamwood replaces The British Legion
• Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Road in Bushey replaces Bushey Manor School
• Bushey Rangers Clubhouse, The Moatfield, Bournehall Lane in Bushey replaces Bournehall Primary School
• Bushey Community Centre, High Street in Bushey replaces Bushey Museum
• St Margaret's Sports Centre, Merry Hill Road in Bushey replaces Merryhill Infant School
• Elstree Screen Arts Academy, Studio Way in Borehamwood replaces The Toby Carvery
• Shenley Methodist Church, London Road in Shenley replaces Shenley Village Hall
You can visit our May 2021 elections FAQ page for more information.
Posted on Tuesday 20th April 2021